Receive money on surrender or maturation

Cheques on surrender or maturity of a child's policy must be issued in the child's name, as, for all of our tax-free child investments, the monies are always payable to the child (with the exception of our Parents Flexible Plan, which allows you to invest for the child using your own tax exempt savings allowance meaning the monies are payable to you and not the child).

If the child does not currently have a bank account then the parent/guardian will need to open an account in the child's name in order to cash the cheque.

Was this article helpful?

55 out of 208 found this helpful